Monday, August 31, 2015

Custom Action Figure - Jango Fett



My custom Jango Fett is something I have wanted to complete for a LONG time now. I loved the new Vintage Collection body, but I was sick of the removable helmet because it looks so squished and nothing like the one used in the movie. However the mission series figure had a great looking head. Nice and wide like the actual film helmet, also it had great bright silver paint apps and nice bright detailing. As a bonus it came with Jango's arena jetpack, of which I didn't have one yet.


After chopping off Jango's head (Look ma just like Mace Windu!) I dremelled out the underside and added a cavity for the neck balljoint to fit into.


His Arena Jetpack was relatively under detailed, so I wound up repainting the whole thing. It is worth noting that Testers Model Master Acrylic Steel is a perfect match for the factory silver color of Jango's armor. While I was dremelling his helmet I also drilled out his jetpack rocket nozzles.


 The only real tweaks I had to make to the helmet were to paint his blue stripe around the back and to
paint black on the underside that was ground out .


The final addition to this figure was sort of another bonus from the Mission series figure. Jango's blasters were replaced with those of the mission series figure. They had a great bright silver color to them and the only thing I did to change them was to add some clear orange to the tip and the sides of the barrels to give them a coppery look. I then cut off the Blades from his gauntlets and called this one finished. I finally have my ultimate Jango Fett figure and the best part is I can still swap his parts out with all his original bits.

No comments: